What's easier, what's tastier than chocolate mousse? It's like eating a chocolate cloud! But Since I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate and since I only had dark chocolate in my fridge I decided to add a vanilla mousse on top - actually it was just whipped cream with sugar and vanilla- to reduce the bitterness of the chocolate... But it didn't change anything because the mousse wasn't bitter at all! The flavor was great and the texture as well and I could hear that delightful KRSHHHH-sound when I put my spoon in the cup.
for 8 small cups
200 gr dark chocolate
20 cl whipping cream
20 gr sugar
1 tp vanilla extract
2 gr agar-agar
1) Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
2) Meanwhile, whip the whipping cream in a cold bowl and incorporate 20g sugar.
3) Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whip the egg whites.
4) When the chocolate is melted, incorporate 2g agar agar and the 4 egg yolks, and stir quickly.
5) Add a little of whipped cream in this mixture and incorporate the egg whites. Stir carefully.
6) Add the vanilla extract in the rest of the whipped cream.
7) Pour the chocolate mousse in the cups and pour the vanilla mousse on top. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.