Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cookies and cream panna cotta


This recipe is what I would call "my tarte tatin" because it all started with a series of mistakes. I wasn't aiming at making panna cotta at all but all my preparations failed - and I won't tell you what I wanted to bake because I'll give it another try-. Anyway after hours of asking myself "what can I do with that?!" and a few emergency texts to B., the crazy mess turned into a cookies 'n cream panna cotta (or something like that) "TADAAA" If you stick to the recipe it should be easier and way faster than what I did. So this panna cotta is actually pretty simple, it's made of homemade crumbled cookies, chocolate and cream so let's go!



Ingredients :

For the cookies :

Ok I have to confess they're not reeaaaal cookies but they tasted the same.
I used a pie crust recipe I tried a few months ago :

-150 gr flour
-25gr powdered almonds
-25gr sugar
-50gr butter
- salt
-1 egg yolk
-1 tbsp cold water
-150 gr milk chocolate (or more! or white! or dark!)

For the panna cotta :

- 60cl cream
- 20gr sugar
- 10 cl coconut cream
- 1 tbspoon vanilla extract
- 3 gr agar-agar

Directions :

We'll start wtih the fake cookie dough. In a large bowl pour 150gr flour, and 50gr butter cut into pieces. Mix with the tip of your fingers until you get the dough crumbles, add 25gr powdered almonds, 20gr sugar and 1 egg yolk, mix until all the crumbs come together, add 1 tbsp cold water and knead the dough . Put in the fridge for 30 minutes then you can cut it to obtain small cookies (but the size doesn't matter). Bake in a 455°F oven for 35 minutes. Let cool the cookies/sablés and smash them to get crumbs... Melt 150g milk chocolate and add it to the crumbs, mix and forget it somewhere in a corner of your kitchen.

Let's get to the panna cotta :
In a sauce pan add 60cl cream, 10cl coconut milk, 20gr sugar and 1 tbspoon vanilla extract. Just before it's boiling add 3gr agar-agar and let boil for 30 seconds.
Put 1 tbspoon cookie crumbs in a glass and pour the hot cream on top. Put in your fridge for about 5 hours (or you can cheat as I did and put it in the freezer for 1 hour) then put another tbspoon cookie crumbs. This is how you get a creamy and crunchy panna cotta! Enjoy!

By K.


No comments: