Thursday, March 4, 2010
Kama's B-Day Meal, Part II: The Oreo Cake
Kama's favorite cookies are definitely Oreos. She can't help singing Oreo song anytime she eats some: "Ice cold milk/And an Oreo cookie/They forever go together/What a classic combination/When a dark delicious cookie meets an icy cold sensation". So for her 20th anniversary, I decided to make a huge Oreo cake, just for her. By the way, I forget to tell you that the frosting is made with white chocolate (her favorite).
- three chocolate cakes
The filling & frosting:
- 250g mascarpone
- one white chocolate tablet
- 12 Oreo cookies (or more if you're greedier than us)
1) Bake three chocolate cakes
2) Let them cool down while preparing the filling & frosting
3) Melt the white chocolate in a sauce pan; mix it with the mascaporne until you get a smooth and homogenous cream; let it cool down
4) Fill the layers with some of this cream and frost the cake with the rest
5) Crumble a few Oreo cookies and add them on the frosting
6) Eventually put the rest of the Oreo cookies on top of the cake and fridge it for minimum three hours.