It's been a while but we were both really busy dealing with holidays, summer, sun, sea ... But as you can see this recipe is summer-related. Tuna and vegetables are everything you'll need for the hot days. This Calzone recipe is super easy to make and pretty light despite the pizza crust!
make 2 calzones
- pizza dough - click here for the recipe-
- 1 can of canned tuna
- 1 leek
-1 bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- salt, pepper
- powdered garlic
- 1 egg yolk
1) Dice 1 leek, 1 bell pepper. Shred 1 carrot and 1 zucchini. Put all these ingredients in a saucepan and add the seasonings -salt, pepper and powdered garlic, you can also add spices or herbs-.
2) Mix the vegetables and cook them over medium heat until all the water evaporates.
3)Preheat oven to 425F.
4) Spread the dough into a circle on a floured surface. On one half of the circle, add the vegetables, the tuna and sprinkle one half of a diced tomato.
5) Cover the filling with the other half of the crust and seal the edges together. Brush the calzone with an egg yolk and put it in a 400 degrees oven for 20-30 minutes.