Kitchen & Bakery.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Our small contribution to Halloween : Pumpkin Crumble.
alloween is not a popular holiday in France. However, we wanted to celebrate it by cooking pumpkin. Here is our small contribution; hope you'll enjoy it !
- 500gr pumpkin
- 5tb honey
- 200g all purpose flour
- 100g brown sugar
- a handful pumpkin seeds
1) Cook 500g diced pumpkin in hot water for 30min. The dices must be tender but not overdone. Remove from heat.
2) Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 300°C and prepare the crumble dough: in a bowl, put the flour, sugar, and the cold and diced butter. Crumble with your fingers until getting a sand-like dough.
3) Try to remove as much as possible the water from the pumpkin dices; Add honey to the pumpkin and put this preparation in a mould.
4) Cover the pumpkin preparation with the crumble. Add pumpkin seeds on top. Bake for 45min until golden.
5) Let the crumble cool down for 10min.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)