Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lemon and Olive Oil Madeleines.



So I bought my first sillicon mould 3 weeks ago, and I was dying to try it but I didn't want to bake regular madeleines, so it took me 21 days to figure out what kind of madeleines I would bake. Why not try lemon and olive oil ( because there were the only ingredients I could find and that possibly could go together at least that's what I thought ...and I was right) .

 

Ingredients :

- 3 eggs
- 150 gr flour
- 75 gr sugar
- 50gr butter
- 3 tbspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbspoon milk
- 1 tspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tspoon baking powder

Directions :

- Mix 3 eggs with 75gr sugar, melt 50 gr butter and let it cool down. Add 150 gr flour and 1 tspoon baking powder on the eggs and sugar mixture. Add the juice of one lemon and 1 tspoon vanilla extract. Add the melted butter and 3 tbspoon olive oil (you can also replace the melted butter by more olive oil -that's for the healthier version-) and finally 3 tbspoon milk. Mix and store in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350° and bake the madeleines for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy.
K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like the plate as well.