Saturday, February 12, 2011

What about a slice of coffee? Coffee pie and Vanilla crust.






Good news : I finally bought eggs!!! And I'm ready to use them! So today is cooking day (even if I should be doing something else...) I baked a chocolate pie once and it was great, the chocolate was just melting in my mouth and my mouth was just asking for more! But chocolate is so classical I wanted to try something new, something different I've never tasted before so I thought "what about a coffee pie?", this could actually be good since I like coffee especially in pastries so let's give it a try. Besides vanilla and coffee really work together if you manage to find the perfect balance between the softness of vanilla and the strength of coffee.
"What else?"

For the vanilla pie crust :

Ingredients :

- 250gr flour
- 100 gr butter
- 70 gr sugar
- 1 egg
- salt
- 1 tspoon vanilla extract

Directions :

Put 250 gr flour and salt on your tablework and create a hole in it, place 100 gr butter cut into pieces in that hole and start mixing with flour. Add the egg to wet the dough you're getting and add 70gr sugar and 1 tspoon vanilla extract. Knead the dough for a few minutes, it needs to be compact and homogenous. Let it rest under a napkin for 30 minutes. Roll out the dough and prick it with a fork so that it doesn't swell in the oven. Place in oven for 10 minutes

For the coffee cream :

Ingredients :

- 4 eggs
- 80gr sugar
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 cup cream
-1 tbspoon vanilla extract

Directions :

This part is pretty easy. In a large bowl mix 4 eggs, 80 gr sugar, 1 cup cream, 1 cup strong coffee and 1 tbspoon vanilla extract. When the dough is baked, put the coffee cream in it and put in oven for 30 minutes. Let it cool in the fridge. It's like a coffee pudding on a pie crust! Enjoy!
Coming up next : the caramel pie !

By K.

No comments: