Besides these spring rolls come on purpose as it's Chinese New Year this week-end!
for 30 spring rolls (Since making spring rolls is quite a long task, I always make plenty of them and freeze them. It's really practical since they can remain two months in the freezer compartment. So now, if friends drop in on you unexpectedly, you'll have something nice and original ready in your kitchen!)
- 200g of fine rice noodles (soak them for 10min in cold water and them cut in 3 or 4); - 100g of black mushrooms (black mushrooms are usually sold dehydrated so soak them one hour before you begin the preparation) ; - 100g of lotus seeds (same thing for lotus seeds; they are usually sold dehydrated but they need to be soaked the night before the preparation);
+ - 3 eggs (+1 egg to paste the pastry); - salt & pepper
For the sauce:
- 8 tbspoons rice vinegar
- 6 tbspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tbspoons water- 1 tbspoon fish sauce
1) Dice the sweet potato and steam it; when it's done, let it cool down
2) Mix together the chicken breasts, the lotus seeds, the black mushrooms, the spring onions; add 3 eggs, season, and mix again to obtain an homogenous stuffing3) Mash the sweet potato
4) In a bowl, put together the cut fine rice noodles and the stuffing + add the sweet potato; mix the preparation with your hands
8) Fry them until they're golden and serve with some salad and mint leaves and the sauce.
How to make the sauce:
1) Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and let the mixture boil until it caramelizes and then remove from heat.