Today Kama and I had lunch together and she wanted me to cook asian style noodles. Asian noodles are usually cooked with carrots, greens, bean sprouts, omelette, meat or shrimps (try Pad Thai noodles; it's a national dish in Thailand and it's just de-li-cious); but today I had only bell peppers and pork in my fridge but that was enough to prepare simple and tasty noodles.
for 2 people
- egg noodles
- bell peppers
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbspoons soya sauce
- 1 tbspoon granulated sugar
- vetegal oil
- rice vinegar
you can also add cilantro, and chopped bird's eye chili if you like spicy food (it's even better with actually)
1) in a frying-pan, pour some vetegal oil and cook the pork; quickly add the diced carrot and bell peppers;
2) when it's quite done, add the noodles, the soya sauce and the sugar; keep stirrring so that the noodles won't stick together; add about 6tbspoons water and cover for 3 minutes
3) add the chopped spring onion; season;
4) remove from heat; pour 1 tbspoon rice vinegar and serve immediately.
Kama added some sweet-and-sour sauce on her noodles and it actually turned out to be a great match so have a try!